Ultimately, the researchers are working toward creating an artificial womb that could sustain premature human babies. Preemies haven’t had time to fully develop in the womb and, therefore, are at a higher risk of health problems throughout their life.
- What are the implications for humans?
- Have you watched The Matrix? Would this dystopia become reality?
- Have you ever had an unexplainable encounter? What happened?
- Do you believe in the supernatural? Why or why not?
- How believable is this explanation?
Which of these do you believe?
- The Sun is yellow
- The Sahara is the biggest desert on Earth
- Astrology can predict your personality or the future
- When you call someone, the signal bounces off a satellite
- The Great Wall of China is the only man-made structure visible from space
- The moon’s gravity pulling on water causes the tides
- Lightning never strikes the same place twice
- The Earth is a perfect sphere
- Mount Everest is the tallest thing on Earth
- Water conducts electricity
- The “dark side” of the Moon
- Tectonic plates move because volcanism pushes them apart
- Going past the edge of space makes you weightless
- Diamonds come from coal
- People in the Middle Ages thought the Earth was flat
- Summer is warm because the Earth is closer to the sun
- Lightning causes thunder
- The Asteroid Belt is dangerous
- The moon is very close to the Earth
- You can only balance an egg during the Spring Equinox
- A nuclear weapon could destroy an asteroid
- Nothing can go faster than light
- The vacuum of space is cold
- Enrico Fermi developed the “Fermi paradox” about aliens
- There are only 3 phases of matter: Solid, liquid, and gas
- Why is important to learn science?
- What are some problems if people have wrong scientific ideas?
- Is scientific progress always good?
Read more here: http://mashable.com/2016/02/25/3d-printed-vertebrae-spine/#S4XSQHpuQkq6
Mobbs is certain the use of 3D-printing in medicine will increase exponentially. “There’s no doubt this is the next big wave of medicine,” he said. “For me, the holy grail of medicine is the manufacturing of bones, joints and organs on-demand to restore function and save lives.”
- What are the benefits of this process?
- What might some issues be?
- Is this a viable way to reduce global warming?
Article here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3630643/How-grow-chick-egg-NO-SHELL-using-plastic-cup-cling-wrap.html
- Besides the cool factor, what are other uses of this technology?
- What are some possible negative consequences that could result?
- Are human beings playing God when we fiddle with nature like this?
- What are some issues if we don’t push science to the limit?