The plastic was a sports drink wrapper that had nearly cinched the pike in two in the middle of its body.
Joanna Skrajny said it shows what kind of an effect something as simple as a plastic wrapper can have on nature.
“It seems to be getting more and more common. There are cases where nesting birds have so much plastic in their stomachs that they are unable to eat,” she said.
- What happened to the fish?
- What can be done to prevent this from happening?
Hunting for mammoth tasks can be financially rewarding, but is causing severe environmental damage.
- Is it better than poaching?
- How can this new form of ‘poaching’ be controlled?
The new method comes as a relief for Tampines resident Tang Wai Cheng, who squirms whenever she sees cockroaches near the chute at her home during thermal fogging. “The new method is better for the environment,” said the clinic assistant. “It’ll also help people with asthma, like me, who would close the windows whenever fogging is conducted.”
- Have you ever watched a bullfight? How did you feel?
- Are there customs or traditions that are specially cruel to animals? How are they justified?
Cat food/toy – Source: https://youtu.be/aeKsKr9X4KE
Pampered Pets – Source: https://youtu.be/GGytoCC23B4
Yulin – Source: https://youtu.be/4gGAn_khApA
Farm Animals – Source: https://youtu.be/tKaCFyGdazo
- Do animals have a good life now?
- Should people become vegetarian if they love animals?
- What do you consider as animal abuse?
- What can be done for animals that are bred for food or work?
- Should animals be kept in zoos?
- Should animals be used for entertainment?